- You can move forward... But it's gonna mean taking responsibility for your feelings and your choices.
- What does that mean?
- Please don't misunderstand me. I am very sensitive to the trauma and the tragedy that you've experienced. But, as far as your failed relationships are concerned... We are responsible for the partners we choose.
- I think you have a history of choosing inappropriate or unavailable men.
- What the fuck do you want me to say? That my life is a train wreck of a disaster? That my life is a shithole? Well, I already know this, this isn't news to me, ok? I know that I am broken.
- Do you know that you don't have to be? You can pick up the pieces.
- By making different choices. By breaking your patterns. It's gonna be hard, but you can make yourself whole again. You can.
(Dexter - 6ª temporada, episódio 9 - diálogo entre Debra Morgan e sua psicóloga)
E olha ai a psicóloga dizendo o que eu nunca tive coragem de admitir.